Best search private Pilates lesson

Feeling vexed that you have to travel to town for a pilates session? Fret not, now you can have more options. You can have your lessons in the heartlands too:) For those who are staying in Amk, Bishan or Yio Chu Kang area, this should be greater news :)


Today I'm so happy to have my trial Pilates lesson (one to one oh) with Ming Shi. Ming Shi is an amazing lady. She got her Pilates certification from Pilates Bodyworks in 2011 and she has been teaching in quite a few places since, such as Pilates Bodyworks (Raffles Place), corporates and  even in condominiums. 

Ming Shi has also been teaching at home since 2012. Her house is so zen that it doesn't give me the feeling that I'm learning my pilates in a HDB. You will feel the same when you see the photos below:)


Those who follow me on my instagram should know that I post mainly  Yoga photos and poses but today I'm gonna post something different. That's Pilates!



My Pilates lesson is starting now....so excited

Let's start with breathing.

It's quite the opposite of yoga breathing. When we inhale, we suck in the stomach. When we exhale, we suck in the stomach more to hold on to the core.

Inhale. Prepare. Exhale. Engage abs. And move.

We did a few rounds of breathing before we started our lesson. 

We started by with the magic ring for our first exercise. 


Pigeon pose with roller foam 
-Stretch thighs, hip flexor and front of body


Single leg stretch with magic ring
-Tones abs and legs


Frog  left lifts with chest lift
-Tones butt, upper and lower back and hamstrings



Swan on roller foam
- stretches front of body and hip flexors, strengthens abs and back


Forward Lunge with handweights 
- tones arms and legs


Even though i wrote 4 gears, I was too exhausted by then so I didn't use the elastic band hahha. Now you know my core is not that strong ya

I video a short clip. don't laugh ya.

Lastly, we did pilates massage by using roller foam. 

I like the roller foam. After learning a few techniques, I'm thinking of buying one for my I.T band massage hahha

15 mins before the session ended, I felt so tired. It was then that I realised my core is still pretty weak. But oh well at least I completed the whole session.




Ming Shi's class size is pretty flexible, be it one to one or group lesson. Ming Shi teaches 3 days a week for group lesson and you can actually choose your timeslot.

No worries if you miss your lesson. Ming Shi's group lesson is not as rigid as those at some fitness centres where you need to stick to weekly lesson on fixed days and fixed timeslots. You can choose your preferred day and time according to the availability of classes. 


Isn't it cool?

Now for the prices, 
One to one lesson would be $80 (1 hour)
Group lessons (up to 5 ladies) $80 per pax

As usual, don't say bo jio. For all my readers: you will get a free lesson with Ming Shi for a group lesson:)

Check out Ming Shi's Facebook and drop her a PM by quoting my code (Whatjess1023)

Comments

Post a Comment